dbsk_lims is a LIMS (Last Icon Maker Standing) challenge focusing on the Korean group Dong Bang Shin Ki.
For those who are unfamiliar with the concept of LIMS, it is an icon making contest where participants commit for one round at a time and a few participants are voted off each week until there is only one left. The original idea of LIMS was thought up by disney_hush, and the inspiration for this comm came from animanga_lims, asianlims and season_lims.
01. Registration. You should join this community to participate in it. Friending the community is recommended.
02. Sign-up. You should comment this post with your name and the secret word which you will find, if you read the rules.
03. Skip. Each participant has an opportunity to pass only one (1) round. Don't forget to let know the moderator that you pass a round. The first time you forget to submit an icon, we will count it as a skip unless you say otherwise (drop out) or unless you have already skipped. You cannot use skips on the last two challenges.
04. Schedule. You have four (4) days to make an icon per each round. The challenges are posted on Monday, around 7:30pm GMT+7. Submission deadline is the following Friday, around 11:00pm. Voting starts about an hour after that, and continues until Sunday at 8:00pm. Then results will be posted and the new theme will also be posted.
05. Icons. Icons should fit LJ standards (only 100x100, 40 kb or less).
06. Only use images provided. Blending is accepted.
07. All effects are allowed (animation, brushes, gradients, text, textures, etc.)
08. Icons submitted must be new and must remain anonymous. Violation of either point results in an automatic elimination.
09. Reminder. Moderator reminds you about a round deadline.
10. Voting. Make sure to vote for your least favorite and favorite icon(s). The amount of votes needed for each will be specified on the voting post. When voting, you will need to provide an explanation for your choices, such as quality, technique, etc. Your vote cannot be based on personal preferences (such as favorite member, favorite color). We reserve the right to void any vote we feel is unfair or petty.
11. Voting results. As a result of your voting, there will be a post with: eliminated icons, people's choice and mod's choice (with voting tally and the comments). The participant with the most vote-offs will be eliminated. Showing your icon to the public and not submitting on time (with no skips left) will also get you eliminated.
12. Round comeback. When there are only 5 or 6 icons left, a special new round for quit participants will be announced. As a results of voting the winner will be returned to the contest.
13. Final. At the end a winner of the contest will be defined, and the information about him\her will be placed in the profile of the community. All the finalists will be awarded with price-winning banners.